Character Interview from UPON YOUR RETURN on Mariana Thorn's site

*This interview posted here originally, but I will post it below as well.


 
Picture
Mariana: let’s start off with you telling us a little about yourself?

Fara: My name is Fara Bellamont.  I am 18 years old.  I was born in Marseille, France, but I moved to La Rochelle after my parents died.  I have been the ward of my uncle ever since.  Last year, I returned from Cluny Abbey, where I spent the better part of my childhood.

Mariana: Here’s a fun one. What was the first thought you had when you woke up today?

Fara: I woke up hoping for adventure or some kind of change in my life.

Mariana: What did your calendar for the past two weeks look like?

Fara: I have spent the past two weeks helping my uncle entertain his business associates and running the household.

Mariana: Who was the last person you spoke to?

 Fara: My nursemaid Rosalie is very close to me.  And aside from her, I spoke to my good friend Helene recently.  I would have liked to have seen my uncle, but has been occupied with business dealings.

Mariana: What did you talk about?

Fara:With Rosalie?  She is always trying to keep me from worrying.  We talked of the future, of the day when I would be married.  But, that day is far from now.  I am hardly prepared for such a thing.

Mariana: What would a typical evening look like to you?

I spend most evenings quietly, reading a novel I found in my uncle’s library or knitting.  I quite enjoy the pianoforte as well.  Unless I have to entertain as mistress of the household and then I, of course, do my duty.

Mariana: What was your last nightmare? 

I am not sure when I had it.  I often dream about a man with dark eyes and shadowed features.  I cannot tell who he is, but he is there.  I know he means me no harm, but I want more than anything to identify him.  Perhaps I should not be frightened and yet, I am because I cannot recall where I have seen him before.

Mariana: What do you do to relax after a bad day?

Rosalie will make me a tisane from time to time if I have a headache.  A cold compress helps as well.

Mariana: If you could have two whole weeks for vacation and go and do anything you wanted money not a problem what would it be where would you go and why?

Oh, how I’d love to have adventures!  I have often wanted to go far away from here and see the world.  I do not care where.  I just want to know what’s beyond La Rochelle.

Mariana: Where would you go to hang out if you wanted to feel comfortable?

Such strange words, Mariana, but I will try to answer if I can.  I suppose my bedchamber is the place where I feel I can truly be myself.  I do not have to put on airs or pretend I am something I am not.

Mariana: In an emergency who is the first person you call?

My uncle should be contacted, of course, if anything is wrong.  If he is unavailable, I am certain Rosalie or Pierre, my uncle’s driver, can go for help.

Mariana: Your house is on fire, you have less than a minute to grab 5 things what are they?

My locket with the pictures of my parents, the family portrait, my mother’s two gowns she left behind, a book and perhaps a hairbrush.

Mariana: If you could bring one person back to life and spend a full day with him or her, who would it be and what would you do?

Mon Dieu.  I would give anything to see my mother alive again.  We could go out in town and shop at the milliner’s.  But really, it would not matter to me what we did together as long as I could see her again.

For the author: Marie Lavender

Mariana: Here would be a great place to add an excerpt and/or blub:

Blurb: 

Fara Bellamont has been back in society for a year after leaving Cluny Abbey, where her uncle sent her long ago. When he chooses a suitor for her for marriage, she fears that she will be forced to marry a stranger and live a miserable life. But, Fara finds herself thrust into an adventure of a lifetime when unforeseen circumstances cause her to place her trust in a strange man for protection. His intervention not only saves her, but puts her in an even more compromising position. Grant Hill, a trading captain, is enchanted by the young heiress not only because of her beauty, but because she is hardly conventional. Underneath her ladylike exterior lies a tigress. Grant cannot help but offer his protection as she is in need and he is far from immune from her charms. Fara just never bargained on the passion that she feels for Grant Hill. As events unfold, she must decide whether her desires and the dictates of her heart should trump the rules of society…

Excerpt:

Fara fought the darkness to the coming light. It was so easy to stay in the dark. It was comforting like a warm blanket. But, the light held such possibilities. She knew she must rouse, as if something significant lay there in wakefulness. She stirred and felt a pair of arms holding her. Then she heard a heartbeat beneath a rough fabric, felt a coarse texture of chest hair. It was so secure within that embrace.

When she finally realized it was a man who held her, she gasped and tried to retreat from the cord of muscles. She glanced up to be temporarily blinded by the lamplight to her left.

“Don't move,” said a soft but deep voice.

He spoke with the assurance of authority, and she could tell he was used to ordering people around. Well, he wouldn't order her. She lifted her heavy head and whimpered as a stab of agony sliced through her skull. Fara squeezed her eyes shut tight. It was so much easier to be left in the dark for it was as if her head was being cut with so many knives.

“I will have you more comfortable in a moment. Please do not move.”

How could she possibly move with all this pain and that large man rendering her limbs useless?

Suddenly, she felt a light cushion beneath her. The glare from the lantern came into her vision again when she opened her eyes and was then replaced by the outline of a man towering above her. She gasped and crawled away from him, but his hold on her waist hauled her back. Her head hurt so as he studied her face.

Madame, the pain will be less if you stay still. I promise I did not bring you here to harm you in any way.”

She gradually settled back on the pillows and looked at her keeper. He was an attractive man, if one liked the rough, indignant kind. Dark layers of soft waves covered his head and ended at the nape of his neck. He was large, but slim in the right places...it spoke of years of hard physical labor.

His eyes captivated her as she studied him in such proximity. The shade of his eyes...a charcoal color; they were the most intense and unreadable eyes she'd ever seen. It was an odd, yet strikingly beautiful color for a man.

Oh, you silly girl, she thought. Really...how ridiculous for her to be wooed by only a pair of eyes.

Mariana: Anything you would like to add?

Marie: Anyone who likes a good love story should like Upon Your Return.

Mariana: Well give us some links so we can stalk, I mean, find you:

http://www.marielavender.webs.com/
http://marielavenderbooks.blogspot.com/
http://marielavender.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/MarieAnnLavender
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Upon-Your-Return/221212331354873
https://twitter.com/marielavender1
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6938764.Marie_Lavender
http://www.amazon.com/Marie-Lavender/e/B00C10Q94I/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/marie-lavender/27/187/10a


No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...