New Review for MAGICK & MOONLIGHT!


4.0 out of 5 stars Short, sweet and magical, March 15, 2014
This review is from: Magick & Moonlight (Kindle Edition)
I was given a copy of Marie Lavender’s “Magick & Moonlight” during the book launch party on Facebook. Its beautiful cover, great title and two very intriguing excerpts had me full me anticipation, so I read it on the same day that I received my copy.
“Magick & Moonlight” is about Jessie, a Wiccan witch with self-doubts but also determination, and Ethan, a cop with a dark past and no hope for the future. When the two meet on a magical, moonlit night, instant attraction kicks in. Jessie casts a love spell to protect her secret and it really works. The two share steamy and sweet moments. Just when Jessie realizes that she has fallen in love with this stranger who all but worships her and understands her, the magic wears off and Ethan confronts her angrily. Ultimately, these two will realize that they belong together, though. There’s a happy ending for both.
What I really liked about this novella is that both protagonists found not only love and a partner but also themselves. Ethan works at overcoming the tragic event that had almost ruined his career and life, and Jessie comes out of hiding and gives herself a chance to shine with her magick. I also enjoyed the little insight on Wiccan practices.
*spoil alert*
My favorite scene is their ‘wedding ceremony’ in the forest. Unusual and very emotional and imaginable!
I wish this book had been longer. I was expecting a full novel… But this novella is just the right read for a relaxing hour of romance. It’s a pity that the author didn’t give us more interesting tit-bits of information on Wiccan rites and on how Jessie enriches the villagers lives with her special talents.
 
http://www.amazon.com/Magick-Moonlight-Marie-Lavender-ebook/dp/B00IRKN5P2/ref=cm_rdp_product
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...