Author Interview on Maurice Tudor's blog

Picture

Upon Your Honor


Tell us a little about your background/country etc

I am from a small town in the Midwest.   I was always creative, pursuing writing or singing.  I was in choral groups from the time I was nine all the way into my last year of high school.  I also took several Creative Writing classes.  I pretty much always knew I wanted to be a writer though.

What gave you the idea to start writing?

My imagination fueled a lot of my early child’s play.  I have to admit that stories were forming in my head at a pretty young age and I wrote them down even then.  Of course, the stories then were as juveline as I was, but I did get to the second round in one competition.  Since then, I have had characters and and scenes play out in my head.  Writing books is what I’ve always wanted to do.
 
What is the title of your latest book?

Upon Your Honor is the title of the latest book.  It just came out on April 21st.

Is this a one off book or do you have more in mind?

Upon Your Honor is actually a sequel to a previous release, Upon Your Return.  And yes, I am writing the final book in the series.

How long does it take you to write a book?

That is a complicated question.  My books have taken me anywhere from months to years.  It really just depends on the book and how complicated it is.  My ideas can take root at any time, but I may not focus on them completely at first.  Only when I fully put my mind to a project does the real work begin.  I have had books that didn’t take long at all.  Upon Your Honor took a year or so to write, but the first book in the series took nine years.  It was, however, my first historical romance so I was a little new at writing that genre.  I do, however, have nineteen books published.

Do you do anything special to attract readers to your book/s?

I have a website and I run three blogs.  I have accounts on Google+, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.  I do interviews and guest posts a lot, and I have placed book cover ads now and then.

How do you publish your books?

Starting in 2010, I began to self-publish my books.  Upon Your Return was my first traditionally published novel and that was released through Summer Solstice.  Recently, I also released Magick & Moonlight through Solstice Shadows and Upon Your Honor was released through Summer Solstice.

What is your favourite thing about your writings?

There is lot of variety.  Although I do stick to romance for the most part, I do romantic suspense, contemporary romance, historical romance and paranormal romance.  Occasionally I write poetry and literary fiction.

Which is your favorite book and why?

Upon Your Return will always have a special place in my heart because I fell in love with the characters and I spent so much time with them.  I got to revisit them a little when I wrote Upon Your Honor, and I will be sad to see them go after the series is finished.  Of course, I love the characters from any of my books.  I think both Leather and Lace and A Touch of Dawn touched me as well.  I am both proud and sad to step away from a project after the book is published.  I suppose it’s a bit like sending your children off to college.

What are your future goals?

For now, I am just taking it one day at a time.  I plan to finish Upon Your Love, the third book in the series and get that published.  Beyond that, I hope to start a new series about a coven of witches in the 1700s.

Tell us a random fact about your book that the readers might find
     interesting.


I think that the heroine, Chloe Waverly, will surprise a lot of people with her motivation.   She is very strong, very complex for a woman put it in a difficult situation in the 1890s.

What’s your favorite book genre?

Ah, right now I would have to say paranormal romance.  I have a thing for books about vampires or shifters.  I also love historical romance.

Do you have any favorite authors?

Of course.  I enjoy reading any books by Nora Roberts, J.R. Ward, Catherine Coulter, P.C. Cast, Kris Tualla or Chloe Neill.

If asked to give advice to a new writer, what might that be?

Never give up.  That’s probably been said so many times, but it is very true.  Without persistence or perseverance despite the odds, you are likely to give up your dream.  And that’s a fate I wouldn’t wish on anyone.
***********************************

http://www.marielavender.webs.com/

http://marielavenderbooks.blogspot.com/

http://iloveromanceblog.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/MarieAnnLavender

https://twitter.com/marielavender1

https://plus.google.com/104926404745289477307/posts

http://www.amazon.com/Marie-Lavender/e/B00C10Q94I/

http://youtu.be/dLOteuscV04

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...