Character Interview with Evangeline from LEATHER AND LACE on Snow Tigra's blog!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Character Days: Evangeline Lewis from Leather and Lace


Back from a successful week at Anime Detour where we SOLD OUT of our book Seeking the Storyteller!  So we're ordering more copies now and soon we'll also have it listed on our store, where you can get a signed copy.  Stay tuned!

In the meantime, this week we have Evangeline Lewis from another Erica Sutherhome's book Leather and Lace!  Take a read below.

Evangeline Lewis from Leather and Lace

Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in. 

I work as an exotic dancer at The Glass Slipper to make ends meet.  Boston is my home.  I live in a small apartment on Dartmouth in the South End.
Do you like your job?
I find there is a kind of power in dancing.  I can take on a different role.  It is nice to step away from my problems for a time and lose myself in the music.
Tell us about your single most important memory.  What was it and how does it affect you now?
It was just after my parents’ car accident.  A social worker came and started talking to me and my sister Sherrie.  When the woman walked away, Sherrie looked at me and said, “Do you think they’re going to separate us?”  I shook my head and told her, “They can’t.  I promise I’ll always take care of you.  Do you believe me?”  But, life never quite works out the way you planned, does it?  I can never forget that trust I saw in her eyes then.
What type of person are you?  Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?  
I don’t like conflict exactly, but I have a stubborn streak.  I’m a survivor.  And I will fight for what’s right. 
Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?
I like to draw and paint in my spare time.  I used to do it quite a lot.
And in that line, what would be your ideal day?  
My ideal day would be to unwind after work, turn on some soft music and listen to it play in background while I make a good home cooked meal.
Do you have anyone close to you, any family or friends of interest?
There is my sister Sherrie, but I haven’t seen her for awhile.  No, I guess no one that close.  I get along with the girls at the club though.
What is your most prized possession?
I keep all of the letters Sherrie and I used to write to each other in a shoe box.
What initially spurred your actions in this story.  Obviously it had to start somewhere for you, give us an idea of where that starting point is and where it all started.
I saw something I shouldn’t have.  Since then, I have been in a tight place.  When I saw the crime happening, I couldn’t prevent myself from responding.  And that’s when I met Patrick.
How do you envision your future? 
I guess I don’t really think about it.  I’m just trying to live from one day to next, hoping that at some point, I can get out of this mess.
Tell us where we can read more about you?  
You can learn more about me in Leather and Lace.
Author:  Erica Sutherhome (Marie Lavender)
Don't forget, there are eleven other books by Erica Sutherhome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...