Interview on PnP Authors Talk site

Saturday, April 19, 2014



PnPAuthors Book Club is introducing

Author Marie Lavender

Who is an exciting writer

__________________________________________

Marie Lavender joined PnPAuthors two months ago and we wanted to interview her, feature her, and spotlight her book - Magick & Moonlight which can be viewed on Marie’s web site: http:// www.marielavender.webs.com/

 

Mariepic2 - small

Here are some more of Marie’s websites

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                                            Our Interview with Marie~                                ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself Marie? 

I have been writing for over twenty years.  I have been writing since I was nine years old.  After graduating from college, I focused on finishing my writing projects so I could finally get published.  Since then I have published 18 books, 16 of which were self-published.

What was the most difficult part of writing your book?

Magick & Moonlight was challenging because I am not Wiccan, but I had to do a lot of research on the religion to write about it.  I even had a couple of Wiccan beta readers double-check my work just to be sure.

What are you working on now?

Right now, I am working on the third book in the Heiresses in Love series.  The second book, Upon Your Honor, will be out very soon.

What blogs do you belong to and are they blogs that support your book. What is the address to your book?

I have three blogs.  One contains updates about me and my books.  Another is a blog I run with guest author posts and interviews.  And the third is about the subject of romance.  Sometimes I blog on there about my books and other times, it is simply about love.

My two books through Solstice Publishing can be found on Amazon at:  http://www.amazon.com/Marie-Lavender/e/B00C10Q94I/

When did you join PnPAuthor? (Tell us a little bit about them) 

I just joined it recently so I am very new to it.  Maurice Tudor referred me.  He runs a magnificent set of sites that help promote authors and other writing services.

When did you write your first book? What led you to do so?

I started writing stories when I was a child.  But, my first official book began in 2002.  I got the idea in my head one day.  I heard the characters arguing and from there, Upon Your Return was born.  It ended up being a nine year project, but it was my first historical romance so I was new to it.  In between then and now, I published other books (contemporary romance, romantic suspense, romantic mystery and paranormal romance).

Your book cover picture goes here….
 
Tell a little about your book….Magick& Moonlight

Magick & Moonlight is a short paranormal romance about two people who have different secrets.  I came up with the title after the first scene came to me, where Ethan is walking along the shore and then notices a fire in the distance.  When he goes to investigate, he finds something very surprising.

Here is the blurb:

Messing with free will is always a bad idea…

Ethan Hamilton moves to a lazy little town in Oregon, hoping to escape his demons. But, instead he discovers a woman dancing nude in the moonlight. This woman who claims she is a witch dazzles him with her sensual presence. He thinks she’s crazy, but what if she’s not?

Jessie Anderson has been taught that her kind hides who they really are. And she has a problem on her hands. Someone knows her secret and she has to do all she can to protect herself. What other choice does she have? Jessie casts a love spell on a good man, a man with whom she can’t fight her attraction. The spell doesn’t work quite as planned – she ends up falling for Ethan.

To top it off, Ethan’s treatment of her, his “love”, is so addictive. Deep down, she knows the spell will wear off, and yet his feelings seem genuine. It’s just a spell…right?

Here is the book trailer:
 
 

Purchase links:


Jessie Anderson closed the door and waited for Ethan to leave before she relaxed.  When his truck was gone, she released a long sigh.  She also felt strangely bereft, though she had no idea why.  She shrugged it off.  Maybe she was simply tired.  It had been an eventful night.

She removed the coat and lifted it to her nose without thinking.  It carried his scent, of cologne and something very male.  It made her feel warm.  She carefully laid the coat on a table, then moved upstairs to locate something to wear.  At the closet, she paused.

She thought of Ethan Hamilton.  He had only been wearing jeans, a tee shirt and hiking boots.  He had looked really good though.  Ethan wore his hair long on top in dark brown layers.  His blue eyes were very compelling.  The moonlight had caught the color so perfectly, she had wanted to drown in his gaze.  He was tall and muscular, built very well.  And dear Goddess, his kiss was really something.  She had never felt like she had when he’d kissed her.  There was such passion, such power in his embrace.  She had nearly lost herself in the moment.

But, why had she told him what she was doing out there?  That was so stupid.  She wondered if she’d momentarily lost her mind.  The man made her want to be completely honest.  And that was just crazy.  Sure, he was a cop, or a former cop – she wasn’t sure – but, that didn’t mean she had to give him full disclosure.

She had told him her secret.  The implications really hit her then.  She could be found out.  What if he told someone?  Her grandmother had told her to be careful for a reason.  Her business might suffer because of it.  What if something worse happened?  What if they ran her out of town?  Or institutionalized her?  Panic could make people crazy.

This wasn’t good at all.
 
Connect with Marie:


 

Magick and Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break from MLB

Yes, readers, that's right. I'm on hiatus for a while. I know I haven't posted for a bit, and that's really the reason why I...